Chapel of S.Rocco in Niella

Niella Tanaro

The chapel is located by the Fondovalle Tanaro, a road that connects Bra with Lesegno. Once it was alongside an ancient Roman road, also used by Medieval pilgrims going to Santiago de Compostela, as testified by a document dating back to 1620.

Restored in 1927 by the entrepreneur Cortellini for the interest of Baratteri Antonio del Borgo, it was then abandoned in the post-war period. It was restored again after the 1994 flood due to the interest of the association “Pro Niella Tanaro”, that in 1992 had already signalled the Superintendency some fragments of 16th century frescoes, depicting “The Annunciation”, “The Madonna and Child” and some Saints.


Listen to the description